no items to display
Recipe for Dad...
Our Satay Dip for Chicken, Tofu or Vegetable Skewers
- Chicken thigh fillets, tofu or veggies
- 45ml soy sauce
- 15ml melted butter
- 30ml honey
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
For Satay Dip:
- 1 scoop Complete by Juice Plus+ Vanilla
- 15ml peanut oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 red, diced onion
- 1 small sliced chilli
- 118ml all natural peanut butter
- 225ml coconut milk
- 30ml soy sauce
- 5ml salt
- 2ml cumin
- 60ml crushed unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1 - 2 freshly squeezed limes (depending on your taste)
- Crushed peanuts
- Lime wedges
1. Cut chicken, tofu or veggies into small pieces and thread on skewers.
2. Combine soy sauce, melted butter and honey with minced garlic and brush onto skewers.
3. Barbecue skewers on grill or on the stove in a large non stick fry pan.
For Satay Dip:
1. Heat oil in a small pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onion and chillies.
2. Cook for 3 minutes until onion is translucent.
3. Turn heat down a little and add peanut butter, coconut milk and soy sauce.
4. Simmer for 10 minutes, whisking occasionally.
5. Add cumin and salt to taste.
6. Add the Complete powder and lime juice.
7. Puree the dip.
8. Stir in the crushed peanuts and let cool slightly before serving so it can thicken.
Finally, serve skewers garnished with crushed peanuts, shallots, lime wedges and satay dip on the side!
Leave a comment
Want to leave a comment? We'd love to hear it. Please note that all comments are moderated. Anything resembling spam will be deleted. Try to make this a meaningful conversation for all involved.